Ford Transit MK-1 1.7 V4 gearbox wanted - 4 speed Koln engine

• Hi all,

my name is Ivan and I'm from Croatia.

My gearbox ran out of oil, and main shaft as well as 1st and 2nd gears are wasted. I'm looking for these parts or complete gearbox (type F), please offer if you have it, or if you can connect me with someone who could have it - it will be great help!

The van is 1970 Mk1 firewagon, LWB with twin wheels, engine iz 1.7 l V4, germain koln engine.

thanks, Ivan

• Try Transitcenter. This is a shop from Poland. They even might have a website for Croatia.

Alternatively Motomobil, which is located near Munich.

Und was das Getriebe bei Kleinanzeigen betrifft, kann das evtl wer abholen und in eine Kiste stecken?

• Unterwössen ist nicht so weit entfernt von mir

Die Frage ist: ist das Getriebe tatsächlich in Unterwössen? Oft sind s österreichische Anbieter die in einem Ort in Deutschland inserieren… tatsächlich muss man dann doch weiter fahren als Unterwössen

Das müsste abgeklärt sein.

Wie das dann mit „in eine Kiste stecken“ geht usw dann per PM

• Hi Guys,

thanks for your help, I appreciate it!!

Transit Center offers only parts from MK2 and newer dates, and in Motomobil main shaft is not available.

I'm trying to log-in to Kleinanzeigen couple of days already - but it's not working, to contact the seller and see is it the right type of gearbox (type F), what is exact address of gearbox and is there possibility to send it by post or someone to pick it up and send to Croatia.

Please let me know if some additional idea comes to you!

Ivan

• Hi Ivan,

how can I see this is a Type F?

I could pick it up next weekend and store for You,

maybe You got some friends to take it to Croatia later.

I have friends who often go to Krk island, but I don't know when and maybe it is too big for them.

Let me know how to proceed.

Cheers

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von taunusrainer ()

• Typ F müsste das Taunus Getriebe sein, passend zum Köln V4.

Die älteren sehen so aus wie hier, bei den späteren MK1 fehlt das Auge auf der Verlängerung.

Das aus der Anzeige sollte also passen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hepp ()

• Hi Hepp - it is correct, i have seen already in some documents it is called Taunus gearbox.

Hi Taunusrainer - thank you very much for your offer, give me few more days to see can i get gearbox locally, and if not I will need your help to pick up gearbox from seller, and I will organize transport to Croatia. I will contact you soon - thank you so much!!

I can not log-in to Kleinanzeigen as I can not get confirmation code on my mobile (i tried 30 times) to check with seller is it 10 teeth or 25 teeth on rear shaft (both are type F gearbox) as I would need one with 10 teeth.

I will let you know soon.

Tnx,

Ivan

• Excellent - thank you DC.

I'm waiting for feedback from local guy, but most probably I will go with this one - will let you know.

Thank you all for help!

Ivan

• Started securing this gearbox. But the gentleman picking this gearbox from the vendor will not prepare it for shipping.

So we do require a Teiletaxi to the Rostbratwürstl or southbound to the adriatic sea.

Freiwillije vor!

• Ich frag mal im Kollegenkreis rum, da sind ein paar, die recht regelmäßig Richtung Kroatien fahren. Allerdings nicht sofort... eher so im Frühjahr. Nutzt das noch was?

ChristschnBale, ich könnte es Mitte März bei dir einsammeln. Irgendwann später dann weiter nach Kroatien von mir aus.

I can check with my colleagues, there are some who travel to Croatia for holidays or visiting family, but I just don't know when. Most likely somewhen during springtime. Don't know if this is an option! P.S. where in Croatia?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Bonnie ()

• Hi guys,

I would like to purchase this gearbox, and options are:

1. I will try to organize transport from seller to Zagreb, Croatia. I need to make few calls just to see is someone traveling that way soon. In this case I would ask you if you can please contact the seller to give his mobile number so I can contact him for agreement, address, bank account and everything needed to make the purchase.

2. If i will not be able to organize transportation soon, I will ask if someone can pick it up from seller, and in that case send me his mobile number, address, bank account and everything needed to make the payment, and probably in next month or so organize a pick up from your location. Just to be sure the gearbox will be still available and not to be sold.

In last option, I would use some of your generous proposals for transport later in the year.

After three years of rebuilding the van, and this incident with wasted gearbox, I'm really in hurry to put it on the road again and continue with interior decoration for traveling - to be ready by summer. I just hope this gearbox will be in good condition.

Thank you all so much for your help.

My mobile: +385992316715

Ivan