Taunus? Granada? Mondeo? Sieht alles gleich aus.

• Gestern irgendwie Depeche Mode im TV gesehen. Da fiel mir ein, dass es da mal von denen ein Video mit einem orangen Taunus gab. Nur konnte ich mich an das Lied nicht erinnern. Also das löbliche Zwischennetz gefragt und flott die Antwort bekommen: Useless. So hieß das Lied.

Dann fand ich zum selben Thema aber auch noch diesen Fred im Depeche Mode Message Board:

Car in Useless video
    Post by ... » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:46 am

Hi, my soul sisters and soul brothers!

My friend has bought a car Ford Granada this year because he wanted to own the same car as in Useless video. But now he suspects that it is not the same car. It just looks similar but not the same.
    Can anybody tell me the exact name of the Ford model that has been shot in this video?
    Alex the Blade

Postby ...» Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 am

It is an old X-Reg 1982 car so it cannot be a Ford Consul or a MK4 Cortina (although it looks like one). It does not look like a MK5 Cortina and so I assume it is a very basic MK2 Granada. Remember it is for a film and so would not include the touches or a normal production car. I have looked at this before, but it's too hard to tell as you cannot see the rear lights. I think the colour though is Daytona Yellow.

Great classic cars though.

Postby ...» Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:01 pm

i was thinking it was s ford mondeo

Postby ...» Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:22 pm

according to http://www.dvla.gov.uk BGH 393X was made in 1981 and had an engine capacity of 1593cc.

Its a mk5 Ford Cortina as far as I can remember Ford never made a 1593cc Granada. The car just looks a bit odd in that orange colour
    im dressed in black again until somebody invents a darker colour

Postby ... » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:08 am

Thank you very much .... I've found the pictures of this mk5. It is exactly the car that was in the video. http://www.snichol.freeserve.co.uk/operating_guide.jpg
    Bad news for my friend. All the fans in Russia suppose that it was Granada in the video

Unfassbare Ahnungslosigkeit. Die sollen mal den Zombie fragen, ob es 1,6 Liter im Granada gab.