i want from 4gears to 5gears.... (granada mk1 Coupe)

• what do i must exactly change to fit a gearbox whit 5 gears....?

must i change the driveshaft ??? (maybe one from a 2.8?)

please let me know sombody who did this before.......

i have a 1700 v4 rear diferential.

cheers from holland.

Remco.

• Ain't it just a matter of taking the 5-speed gearbox of a 2.8 and it's driveshaft? Or won't that spigot bearing fit? In that case; you probably also have to change the flywheel.

• I didn't say that this IS the solution, it is what I think is the solution, and I might be wrong.....You could also post this question on the Dutch fora as Ford-world.nl or the TaunusMclub , the latter has a Granada section.

• i think you just have to change the gearbox and the cross member (traverse).
    we will install a 2,6 with a 5 speed gearbox in grastyps granada today so tonight i will know for sure how it works for große scheiße.
    on the other hand there should be at least 10 or 15 people here, who know it...

• so this fucking bearing needs to be renewed.
    we need the 15/19mm bearing.
    now the große scheisse lives on my car lift and looses its fluids on my satellite underneath.
    prost!

• the one in the crank shaft.
    there is no bearing in the flywheel.
    but we mean the same.
    the 4 speed has a 12,7mm, the 5 speed a 15mm spigot.
    in this case. on this car.
    we changed from 2,0 v6 with 4 speed to 2,6 with 5 speed.

• the bearing in the crankshaft you have ever to change if you upgrade a v6 from 4 to 5 gears with a v6-gearbox.

the bearinghole in the crankshaft is not allways the same, early engines have a smaller hole, than laters.