Zndzeitpunkt

• Thats right the zero-point is on the line of the left of the notches but the ignition point is on another point look ADJUSTING DATA - TAUNUS / CORTINA .

These are the datas for leaded and unleaded fuel i dont know what are the dates for lpg.

If you don`t have degree marks on your engine this can help you

O.T is the zero notch on the crankshaft pulley , print it and glue it on , then use a timing light hold it on the point and turn the distributor , when the notches are in line its ok.

• Yeah, thank you very much. But I didn't understand what you mean by "the ignition point is on another point". If I use adjustable timing light (not a standard timing light) couldn't I adjust the desired timing by adjusting the advance set on the timing light by taking the zero point as a reference? Or do I have to take another point as a reference for an adjustable timing light?

for example, I'll want the initial ignition timing set at 10°, so I adjust the timing light to 10 on its adjusting dial and observe the crankcase pulley "zero point" notch lines up with the split in the engine case. Am I right? Or do I have to use another method?

• Zitat

or example, I'll want the initial ignition timing set at 10°, so I adjust the timing light to 10 on its adjusting dial and observe the crankcase pulley "zero point" notch lines up with the split in the engine case. Am I right? Or do I have to use another method?

Yes, that`s right .

• Today, I've adjusted my ignition timings according to the method I've mentioned and also looked for other sources of vacuum. So my static+mechanic ignition timings (for LPG) are 15° at idle (850 RPM), 18° at 2000 RPM and 23° at 3500 RPM with vacuum advance (using ported vacuum) the timings are 23° at idle, 35° at 2000 RPM and 40° 3500 RPM. During this adjustment I have used the thermal vacuum switch installed under the inlet manifold. When the engine is cold the vacuum is from manifold and when it's warm, vacuum is from ported (carbureteur) vacuum source. Because of the a/c working when the motor gets too hot, the thermal vacuum switch turns the vacuum source to manifold and this causes an increase in idle (because of the vacuum advance) to cool the motor. Or do I have to make the connections otherwise. Because I'm running on LPG I have not need much advance at high RPM's, so if I use manifold vacuum the the vacuum advance and total advance will be lower on high RPMs and higher on low RPMs. Am I right? If I use manifold vacuum for my current ignition timing I'll get 30° of total advance (incl. vacuum adv.) at idle (850 RPM)

What would you advise?

By the way, thank you for your help and informations

• Are there anyone using LPG as fuel on his car?

If so, how did you tune your ignition timing?

• Is 18 degrees of ignition advance at idle too much for a 1.6 cc LC (2V) motor of Ford Taunus running on LPG?